Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday

Besides the Dive Shops and a few restaurants, the island pretty much shuts down on weekends. This morning I walked over to the Dive Friends Yellow Sub Dive Shop to obtain my STINAPA marine park pass and do a check out dive. It's nice to be able to dive with so much less lead than what i'm used to in the North Atlantic. I'll be storing my gear at Yellow Sub for the week so that I don't have to keep trekking it back and forth from the apartment


PA240002
STINAPA Pass attached to my BCD


After lunch I headed out to do some snorkeling.

PA240008
Sharptail Eel (Myrichthys breviceps)

PA240017
Scuba Diver (Homo sapien) He took a picture of me too.

PA240019
To the best of my knowledge this is some species of rope sponge. It was in 30+ ft of water so I couldn't stay real long to investigate.

PA240020
Christmas Tree Worms (Spirobranchus giganteus)

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be a very cool blog. I'm also curious about getting to hear/read your lecture once it goes down.

    - Cody

    ReplyDelete